Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
As an Industrial Engineer Level 3 you will be responsible for
• Developing and reporting daily operations perfomance metrics
• Analysis and design of work flow to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of production facilities and equipment layouts
• Establishing methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel and optimization of product flow
• Developing and providing time standards to the shop floor as well as standard work for operations and processes
• Establishing or assisting with accident prevention measures to ensure a safe work environment
• Training personnel concerning all phases of production operations
• Performing studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems and, on the basis of these studies, developing and implementing optimized product flow and assisting facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities.
• Utilizing analytical skills for capacity analysis, tool and equipment utilization and line balancing
• Performing trend analysis of shop performance measures to identify opportunities for improvements
• Communicating the results of studies and recommended actions to all levels of operations
• 5-8 years’ of experience with Project Management
• 5-8 years’ of experience with Process Improvements
• 5-8 years’ of aerospace engineering experience
• Background with data analytics, problem solving and root cause corrective action
• Ability to communicate clear results of analysis to operations
• MS Office package (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently
• ABET Accredited Industrial Engineering Degree
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.