Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
This opening is an Apprenticeship position to the Job as described below. Successful candidate will enter a four (4) year program with the Spirit AeroSystems Company. This program will include both on the job training at Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. as well as full participation in the JATC – Wichita Joint Apprenticeship & Training Center program. Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship program the candidate will qualify for application and testing for the MO5B Equipment Maintenance position.
IAM JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Equipment Maintenance Mechanic Job Code: M19
Date: 06/17/2005 Supersedes: New FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Supervisor, Team Leader
Diagnose machine and equipment failures, determine parts and material requirements, and perform repairs as required to support timely production and delivery of quality products to the customer. Service and maintain lubrication and metal cutting fluids on plant assets and equipment, and operate the coolant process center.
1. Assist higher grade employees in the completion of work or complete work under the direction of a higher grade employee in same job classification, or work plans.
2. Perform root/cause analysis in support of reliability processes, and collaborate with vendors, engineering, team leader, customer, other crafts and management to solve equipment problems and develop corrective action.
3. Enter and retrieve data from the CMMS system, and order parts required to accomplish the tasks, (except as relates to inventory, store, record, issue and any other duties related to material support technician.)
4. Train other employees in same job classification as requested or required.
1. Use precision alignment and measuring instruments.
2. Diagnose failures, determine parts and material requirements, and perform repairs as required to resume operation on the following:
a. CNC equipment
b. Motive equipment
c. Precision Pumps
3. Operate plant equipment to fabricate and repair machine parts.
4. Finish, scrape, flake, frost and lap to align and level machine beds, ways and related equipment.
5. Lead, train, team with and plan sequence of work for assigned employees of equal and lower classifications in the Equipment Maintenance Mechanic classification.
6. Diagnose machine and equipment failures, determine parts and material requirements, and perform repairs as required to resume operation on the following:
a. Minor Shop Equipment- Such as drill presses and band saws
b. Conveyors, Hoists, Cranes and Doors
c. Motive equipment: Tires, Lube, Oil and Belts
d. Fans and Air Moving Equipment
e. Air and Power Tools
7. Follow lubrication diagrams, sketches or instructions
8. Work with higher graded maintenance mechanics who are engaged in machinery maintenance, repair and rebuild.
9. Remove and replace grease fittings, guards, etc. to accomplish lubrication work.
10. Clean and replace coolant pumps and lines.
Must pass work keys assessment (www.workkeys.com). Must have valid driver’s license, must provide proof of high school or college level algebra.
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
• Must be willing and able to work any shift
• The majority of new hires will start on 2nd shift or on an alternative-work week Th-Fr-Sat 6pm-6am.